Offer type: full time
General Summary: Ensures accurate and timely coding of inpatient and outpatient records according to company Policies and Procedures. Directly manages all employees involved in medical records coding /abstracting, provides direction for all hospital coding activities, audits, education, and productivity standards required to reach unbilled targets at all hospitals in the region. Thorough knowledge of clinical coding & reimbursement topics and experience with electronic medical records required. Project management and advance software skills a must. Performs duties as necessary to support quality improvement process in the Medical Record department, as well as that of the hospitals. Must also have strong written and speaking skills as well as good verbal presentation ability.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages a 4 day DNFB for the region.
2. Identifies training needs for staff; designs, develops, schedules, and implements training activities as needs are identified.
3. Provides leadership throughout the region in regards to coding and chargemaster inquiries.
4. Works with CBO to eliminate all holds on all accounts utilizing Xactimed/Emdeon software.
5. Responsible for the development and monitoring of the Clinical Documentation program throughout the facilities.
6. Creates, reviews, and submits all monthly corporate reports for Corporate Compliance Initiative.
7. Develops and implements policies and procedures to assure clear and consistent operation of coding areas while encompassing departmental and organizational needs.
8. Works with hospital directors throughout the Market to identify and address any missed opportunities regarding revenue and corrections to daily charges.
9. Implements data collection for all JCAHO indicators in accordance with hospital needs.
10. Conducts quality review on clinical database for accuracy.
11. Provides monthly coding education to all coding staff.
12. Coordinates Corporate Education Sessions.
13. Coordinates internal and external compliance audits, including insurance and RACs.
14. Performs all management functions, including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining for all direct reports.
Performs other related duties as assigned.